|8.24.16 / job2494 / S&P Global Market Intelligence / Product Lead, Quant Products
Chicago, IL; Boston, MA; or New York, NY
Please apply here: http://careers.spglobal.com/ShowJob/Id/889244/Product-Lead,-Quant-
S&P Global Market Intelligence is seeking a Product Lead, Quant Products. As a member of
the Investment Management Product Management Team, you will support the ”Buy Side”
Product Management and Market Development function, which is focused on clients in the
Institutional Asset Managers space and Hedge Funds, with additional focus on supporting
and developing quantitative products and data sets.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
• Manage project planning for product/platform development initiatives with internal &
• Actively participate in testing newly developed functionality and ensuring consistency with
client expectations and market opportunity.
• Answer complex client and trial account queries around new initiatives in a timely fashion;
liaise with the Data, Analytics, IT and Management teams to provide the most accurate and
timely response possible; document customer interaction, including feedback and
• Perform research and modelling, as part of various proof-of-concept activities, including
building prototypes and assessing the appropriateness of specific product capabilities.
• Assist and provide technical SME and analytic support for the creation of new product
• Participate in projects and monitor product development plan, keeping the team informed
about deadlines/obstacles/changes in the project plan.
• Be responsible for the daily production of quantitative scores and models across global
• Liaise with product and technology teams across the organization (including in India) to
ensure a stable and positive client experience.
• Build and support robust technology processes for timely delivery of our quantitative data
feeds and other products.
• Trouble-shoot data and process problems when they occur and build automatic safe guards
to avoid reoccurrence.
This role is responsible for development and production of quantitative products of S&P
Global Market Intelligence globally. This position will partner with stakeholders in technology,
operations, sales support, and the broader product management team to build and maintain
technology and processes to deliver robust production systems and data integrity for our
quantitative products which include alpha factors, alpha models, and risk models.
The Career Opportunity:
As Product Lead, Quant Products, you will be responsible for directly managing employees in
our Hyderabad, India location; you will be able to increasingly become more involved with S&P
Global’s client base; and you will have the opportunity to become involved in the areas of
research and new product development.
Members of the Investment Management team have the daily opportunity to work with
co-workers from around the globe, as well as with clients from a wide variety of companies
and financial verticals.
• 3+ years in an investment management environment
• University degree in financial engineering, economics, mathematics, statistics or hard
science preferred -Masters in Finance or similar and/or (working towards) CFA or FRM
designation preferred -Passion for asset management, capital markets and portfolio risk
• Strong IT and programming skills with knowledge of R, Java, C#, SQL, PowerShell
• Deep analytical mind-set, creative problem solving ability and understanding of financial
• Organized and detail oriented, understands the product development and support process
• A professional, highly dedicated personality, with the ability to work and thrive in an
entrepreneurial and team environment
• Results oriented, organizational skills and team player able to take ideas and feedback in a
professional and courteous manner
• Probes more deeply when confronted with inconsistent or interesting findings. Thoroughly
checks soundness of own/team work
• Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas effectively, strong verbal and written
communication skills. Ability to explain complex concepts in simple terms
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects at a given time and under
tight deadlines as well as to balance conflicting themes and client objectives
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important; some of it is
vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and
news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas,
understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk.
Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can
gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides
essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with
confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions
on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity,
gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age,
disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation,
military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or
local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a persons ability to perform his or
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an
accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to:
email@example.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate